Of course, tomorrow is the First Page Blogfest, but I'll find a way to fit that in. Oh yes... B is for Blogfest! :p Make sure you check out my blog tomorrow for the first page of The Goddess of Vengeance Wore Pink Galoshes!
So without further ado... A is for April!
I know, it's a bit obvious. Here's what's going on in my (admittedly boring, but busy) life in April:
- M.J. is starting a new job! This is so exciting for us.
- I am traveling 2-3 weeks out of the month for work.
- BIG report due at work by the end of the month.
- Research paper due and final exam for my Stats class.
- M.J. and I need to buy a new car, since we currently share one and we aren't going to be able to manage carpooling forever -- new job is too far from mine.
- We still haven't done our taxes. That needs to get done ASAP! I've never waited this long before!
- Not sure it's going to happen, but I am *hoping* to finish painting the half bath, master bathroom, and the guest room. The teenage girl who previously occupied the room that is now for our guests painted two walls bright blue and two walls yellow. I seriously may die if I don't get that mess painted over soon.
The big question, of course, is when am I going to write? I am going to try and keep my life simple this April. I'll do my daily blog post, and try to write 250 words of Goddess every day. That's... not a lot (7500 words), but it's progress.
I also have Agent's Idol to attend in April, where we get to read our first three pages and be ripped apart by the nice agents (I am really excited about this, don't let me fool you).
I need to make some changes to my life to make more time to write. That's just easier said than done. But that's another blog post. I'm debating how to make things better right now, what can be sacrificed.
For now, though, I just finished helping a friend move, and my To-Do list is a mile long, so back to work for me. Thanks for listening to me ramble, if you've read this far... I'm stressed and frustrated right now. There's just no time to do everything. At moments like this, the words of Dori from Finding Nemo always come to me...
Keep on swimming, keep on swimming...
Does anything have you stressing out this about this month? On the positive side, what are you looking forward to? (I'm looking forward to Agent Idol, beautiful running weather, getting a massage/pedi/haircut at the spa, and being all touristy at the Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C.!)