I have to list ten honest things about myself! But first, of course, I'm passing this award on to some bloggers that I want to know ten new things about!
Summer at And This Time, Concentrate!
Shelley at the brand-new Stories in the Ordinary (isn't that a great title?)
Melissa at Chasing the Dream
So my ten honest things:
1. I cry at SPCA commercials every.single.time. I also donate to and volunteer for the SPCA, and I get a little intense about treatment of animals.
2. I have broken nine bones in my feet (unpleasant and unrecommended).
3. I didn't know MJ's last name the first time I stayed at his apartment, and I checked it on the mailbox on the way out the next morning. It's the only time I've ever done something like that... obviously it worked out, though!
4. Usually, I am insanely competitive. I even have to be the best at board games (unless it's Trivial Pursuit Pop Culture, at which I accept I am hopeless). But I don't feel like publishing is competitive at all, for some reason -- I genuinely hope all my fellow bloggers succeed and we celebrate our successes together! :)
5. I am secretly proud of being a natural blond as an adult, even though I realize this is positively ridiculous - I have no control over my hair color.
6. I've always loved flying and started earning my private pilot's license in high school, but ran out of money and time when my dad got sick. Someday, I look forward to picking it back up again!
7. My mother almost named me Cassiopia instead of Guinevere.
8. I hated pink as a kid, but it became my favorite color once I joined the Marine Corps -- just a little act of rebellion against the olive-drab and brown sameness of everything. I even wear rose-tinted sunglasses.
9. I've been to all seven continents.
10. My undergrad degree is in History, but I also minored in Law and Physics.