Thanks so much, Roni! Roni writes the awesome blog Fiction Groupie. If you're not a follower yet, you have to visit.
Now for my list--
10 Things That Make Me Happy
(in no particular order):
1. My cat! This is Buffy the Cricket Slayer:
We adopted her from a rescue in 2005, and since then she's made me laugh/swoon over her cuteness on a daily basis.
2. Writing. Not always in the moment, but the product always makes me happy!
3. Reading a good book -- whether it be non-fiction like Mary Roach's Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers to wonderful fiction like John Connolly's The Book of Lost Things. Also, reading said good book in the tub with a Lush bath bomb greatly enhances the happiness factor.
4. My husband, MJ. Making my world a sweeter place since 2004.
I know, two wedding photos, I get a little carried away...
5. Sports. The doing kind, not spectating. I love to run, play soccer, snowboard, mountain bike, kayak and white-water raft. Moving my body makes me feel alive.
6. My friends. We live all over the country (and all over the world) but they still find a way to make me smile.
7. Baking. Especially if it involves chocolate.
8. Learning. I gripe about school a lot, of course, but I enjoy my Master's program in Finance. And I plan to take classes for something or another for the rest of my life -- I already have some community college courses picked out just for fun when I finish my M.S. (German, painting and photography). I embrace the title of "Geek".
9. My house. I grew up in a small single-story house, and always dreamed of a big house with lots of space. We bought a two-story Colonial with a nicely finished basement, 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths... we are slowly re-finishing and decorating it to suit our tastes, but every time I pull into the driveway, I think, I can't believe something so nice is really mine! If everything works out job-wise and whatnot, I would love to raise our kids in the house and retire in it -- I just adore our home. I never knew I could feel so strongly affectionate about a "thing".
10. Grocery shopping. I know it's weird, but I love grocery shopping. MJ and I go together and have a good time chatting as we try to follow our list.
Now, to pass the Happy 101 award on!
Stef at 52 Weeks of Wordage
Lyndsey at Dangerous With a Pen
LT at Quest Published
Ellen at Pink Tea and Paper
Jenny at Tales of a Rejection Queen
Stephanie at The Writer's Cocoon