Saturday, November 6, 2010

Lost

"When you are sorrowful, look again in your heart, and you will see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight."
 My precious kitty, Buffy, died in my arms today.  I came home from work early in the morning and found her sleeping; she was hard to rouse. I picked her up in my arms and she curled up into a fetal position, her little head down on her chest. As I carried her upstairs, she had a small seizure.  I knew she ws probably gone after that, but I placed her in the passenger seat of my car and tried to talk to her and pet her until we got to the emergency vet. They did CPR and tried everything they could, but she was gone. It looks like she had a stroke. She was only eleven, and I was not ready to say goodbye at all.

(The picture is from a few months ago - sleeping next to where I was usually work on the couch. Isn't she precious?).

Farewell, little cat, until we meet again. 

I'll be on hiatus for a little while, friends.

11 comments:

Elizabeth McKenzie said...

I know your heart is broken. My 13 year old cat died of cancer. He had feline leukemia for a year before he died, so I knew it was coming. I've never been so heartbroken. Like losing a child, even thinking about it now brings a profound sadness and tears to my eyes. You've got your memories to comfort you. God bless you.

Rebecca Wells said...

I am so sorry. My first dog died suddenly and quite unexpectedly at the age of 2 -- people who don't have pets simply don't understand the depth of the bond. I know this is a horrible time, and please know my thoughts are with you.

Tracy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Buffy. I know it hurts and there isn't anything but time that will eventually make the sting of losing her feel a little less intense. But at least comfort yourself in knowing that she got to be with you when her time came and she didn't have to go through it alone.

Old Kitty said...

Oh no. Oh no, no,no!! Oh Guinevere I am truly truly sorry. I am so sorry. :-(

Oh your poor Buffy. I am so sorry.

Please take care
x

Stephanie Thornton said...

I'm so sorry. I hope you have many more pictures and memories of your sweet little kitty. At least you were with her when she went- she died knowing she was loved.

Anne Gallagher said...

Oh Guin, I'm so very sorry. But Stephanie is right, at least you got to hold her one last time and she died knowing her 'mommy' was with her and she was loved.

Private said...

Oh, I feel so bad for you and your precious little kitty. I lost my cat a few years ago and it was heartbreaking.

Jacki said...

I'm so sorry. :(

(((HUGS)))

Rest in peace, sweet little Buffy.

Kea said...

I saw this on Old Kitty's blog and came to offer my condolences. I lost my beloved Chumley quite unexpectedly one night, almost 4 years ago. He'd not been ill, so it was an utter shock.

Please know I'm sending you universal Light for healing of your grief and wishing you Blessings and Peace.

-Kim @ Musings on a Small Life and Fuzzy Tales

lupie said...

{{hugs}}

Sorry to hear about Buffy.
Our thoughts are with you through this difficult time...

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

I saw your news on Old Kitty's blog and I wanted to tell you how sorry I was about your loss.

What we have once enjoyed
we can never lose;
All that we love deeply,
becomes a part of us.
-Helen Keller

purrs
Abby