Lynn of Type a Little Faster tagged me, and now here is Guinevere in Threes.
Three names I go by:
1. Guinevere. Although no one calls me Guinevere except store associates and my mother.
2. Guin. Pronounced "Gwen", just not spelled that way. Someone tried to tell me Guin is a different pronunciation. I'm generally the only Guin in the room, therefore, I consider myself the authority on how to pronounce it.
3. Mrs. MJ'sLastName. I consider myself a pretty staunch feminist, but I took my husband's last name. Why? Because it's pretty. My maiden name was pretty much Ethnicowski, and while I was proud to be Ethnicowski, MJ's nice Anglo-Saxon last sounds better with my unusual first name. One of them had to go - signing Guinevere Ethnicowski wore out the writing muscles I need for my fiction.
I don't care if you call me Ms. or Mrs., although the latter makes me look around for my mother-in-law.
Three jobs I've had:
1. Selling Avon, mostly Mark, in college. This was really just to get free make-up.
2. Substitute teaching.
3. Being a Marine.
(The first two are a bit of a stretch honestly given how much I did of both - the Marine Corps paid for my college and then has been my only real job)
Three places I've been and loved:
1. New Zealand. Auckland, Christchurch, it's all lovely. I can't wait to go back, but there's so much I want to show MJ there I don't know where to start.
2. Germany. I've been to Berlin, Munich and Garmisch and love them all. I'd consider going expat for a few years to either Germany or New Zealand.
3. San Diego, CA. I lived here for two years and I love it - still miss San Diego like crazy!
Three movies I love:
1. Black Snake Moan. For being about love of the non-romantic/non-parent variety, which is truly a rarity in Hollywood.
2. True Romance. The best thing Tarantino was involved with, before he was caught up in his own hype (Big ugh to Hostel and the Grindhouse series).
3. Star Wars. I am un-apologetically dorky about Star Wars.
Three TV shows I can't miss:
Those are the only three shows I go out of my way to watch (Bones and The Office also used to be contenders, but have lost a lot of ground as they sometimes seem stale now)
Three books I recently read and loved:
1. Nation by Terry Pratchett
2. Love and Other Impossible Pursuits by Ayelet Waldman
3. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
Three things I'm really, really looking forward to:
1. Fourth of July weekend/my return home from this trip/my birthday (all the same weekend!)
2. Finishing the rough draft of The Goddess of Vengeance Wore Pink Galoshes
3. Our big trip next spring to England and Ireland, if MJ and I can get enough clarity in our work schedules to actually book it one of these days.
It's always hard to pick bloggers out of our neat little community here, but here's my three:
1. Old Kitty
I'd love to learn more about any of you, so please feel free to consider this passed to you if you're interested! :)
Also, since I have a lot of non-writing related stuff I want to, well, write (let's not get caught up in the semantic of that), I've another blog started for everything else: fashion, food, finances, life. Cats will make an appearance on both blogs, of course, cats being the awesomest. I just don't want to bog this blog down with too many non-writing related pieces, but please visit my other blog too:
La Dolce Vita, La Vita Dura
(The Good Life, The Hard Life - because I don't believe those two things are always mutually exclusive)
I have a post up on there now about my adventures in Augusta yesterday, writing up a storm, visiting the art museum, and going to the movies by myself. With my very own crap photography to boot! :)
39 minutes ago