So these are my summer resolutions:
- I'll do yoga and go on long runs. When I want to.
- I'll spend weekend mornings at Starbucks, drinking decadent coffee-related beverages with extra whip and working away on The Goddess of Vengeance Wore Pink Galoshes.
- My mountain bike will make it out of the garage at least once a week.
- Homemade ice cream will be made, and consumed, regularly.
- Travel for work is a given, but I'll make the most of it. I'll do tourist-y stuff and explore local coffee houses for new writing spaces, rather than staying in my dimly lit hotel room to work. I'll go to the movies by myself for the first time ever.
- I'll make it to the beach at least once, instead of just griping about how much I miss California, where it was a regular destination.
- I will meet with other writers. Some time. Somehow.
- My toenails will not resemble some kind of horror-movie villain. I will get a pedicure once a month.
- I'll make some kind of art - play around with my point-and-shoot or my old beloved charcoals and see what happens.