Sunday, December 6, 2009

In which I grouse yet again about my life

Yes, I completely fail at updating the blog. I also fail at writing, unfortunately -- thanks to insanity at work, the pressure of school, and of late, a cold that completely leg-swept me. The cold was particularly unfortunate, since after all the talk of swine flu, having a miserable cold for a week seemed anticlimactic. I didn't complete NaNo this year; I didn't even get 10k words. And so far little has come of my eagerness to start turning this writing business into a career, in terms of even just sending things out lately.

Oh well. It's certainly easier to write when you're not sitting in a sleet storm (which is how I feel about work most days), but I'll have to fit in what I can and forgive myself for months like the last. At least school ended yesterday, with delivery of a massive unsatisfying 30-page Strategic Finance paper (I guess I shouldn't complain; 30 pages of fiction or, heaven forbid, rhymed research paper about corporate governance at Apple would have been equally terrible). Hopefully now I can find some breathing room. And my muse. I think she moved out again.

2 comments:

Brooke Amanda said...

The same thing happened to me. Busy at work..sick...but I'm trying to get back to writing on a regular basis again.

Guinevere said...

Good luck to you too then! Can you imagine if we could actually just write, without all that other flotsam of life getting in the way?

Ah well. The flotsam gives us more to write about. :)