Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

My new year's resolutions for this year all revolve around my writing obsession. I'd like to lose ten pounds and run another marathon. I could probably stand to stop cursing, curb my Starbucks habit, and reduce the amount of time I waste on the interwebs.

But realistically, none of those things are entirely likely, nor will I be broken-hearted to find myself still a potty-mouthed, overly caffeinated size 6 come 2011.

What really matters to me is the writing, and so my resolutions all relate to this.

My goals:

  • Complete editing of SHARDS OF GLASS
  • Secure representation for SHARDS
  • Write rough draft and polish my new WIP, BODIE'S MEN
  • Complete NaNoWriMo in 2010 and do a rough draft of my YA fantasy, HONEY AND EARTH
  • Find literary homes for a few more poems and short stories
So that's the plan. I'll keep track of my progress here on the blog. Especially BODIE'S MEN.  My plan is to write at least 500 words a day, 5 days a week, for the first 34 weeks of the month. That should give me plenty of time to re-write before the end of the year, and have a finished draft. That would also allow me to participate in NaNoWriMo and, in an ideal world, write two rough drafts in one year. That's a pretty lofty goal, given how long it took me to get to a rough draft on SHARDS, but I'm really enthused to write both these stories.

Did you catch that, Muse? There is a plan, and you are going to like it.

More on BODIE'S MEN, the 2010 novel, tomorrow.

1 comment:

* said...

Great goals, very defined & practical. I'm mulling over mine at the moment, too.

Happy New years!!